The Goonies Slot Game Review
If you’re a child of the 1980s, you’ve almost certainly seen The Goonies, an action-packed adventure following the exploits of a bunch of treasure seeking kids. It is a cult classic and those who love the film should absolutely love playing the slot game based on it, which has been created by the people over at Blueprint Gaming. It has everything from classic quotes, through to a bucketload of different bonus features, which is why we think that this online slot is one of the best on the market at the moment. So, why not sit back and read our comprehensive review of The Goonies? Once you’ve finished, you won’t be able to wait to play this game!
The Goonies is a slot with five reels and three rows, and you’ll find that there are 20 paylines spread across the reels. This isn’t a huge number, however trust us, as you’ll still find loads of action when the reels spin around. The paylines are fixed, so you can’t change how many of them there are. If you want to see the layout of the paylines, just head to the game’s paytable and you’ll find all the information there.
But what about the bet sizes? Well, low stakes players will find that they can place a bet of just £0.10 per spin, which is fantastic. Those looking to place bigger bets can gamble anything up to £10. So, this slot probably won’t cut it for those looking to play at really high stakes. Changing the amount of money you bet is simple – just use the up and down arrows to the left of the reels.
We should also talk about the prizes, so how much can you win when you play this slot machine? Well, the jackpot doesn’t look too impressive, as it’s just 500x your bet per payline, which equates to £250 when playing at the highest stakes. The thing is this though: you can get multiple wins on the same spin, which can increase this prize massively. You can also win some huge prizes when you manage to activate the bonus features, which are explained in detail below…
Get ready, as there are absolutely loads of different bonus features at The Goonies slot, however the first is a simple one: the wild symbol. This is represented on the reels by an ancient artefact and it can substitute for most other symbols on the reels.
Next up is a great feature that can kick in after any losing spin. If you haven’t got a winning combination on the reels, a scythe can come onto the reels and give you a winning combination. You could also find a cave collapsing after any non-winning spin, and this will also give you a winning combination on the reels.
Next up there are six bonus modifiers, which are best described as smaller bonuses. These can start at any time and there are six possible bonuses you can receive. The first of these is One-Eyed Willy’s Bonus Boost, which adds extra Bonus symbols to the reels, giving you a chance to activate the main bonus game. Then there is Mouth’s Lucky Coins, where you’ll get gold coins sticking to the reels and transforming into win, and Chunk’s Truffle Shuffle, which sees extra wilds added to the reels. Then there are Data’s Colossal Symbols, which sees a huge symbol appearing across three reels, and Mikey’s Hidden Treasure, which can see reels turning completely wild. Finally, there’s Sloth’s Win Spin, which guarantees you a big winning combination.
You’ve seen the smaller bonuses, so it’s now time to delve into the main bonus games found at this slot. To activate them, you’ll need to get three Bonus symbols anywhere on the reels. When you do this, you’ll need to spin a wheel, and doing so will reveal which bonus game you activate. You can learn about the six different bonus features you can activate below…
• Fratelli Hideout. You’ll need to pick a key. This can lead to a cash prize, the end of the bonus, or the chance to activate one of the other bonus games.
• Skeleton Organ. Keep picking different organ keys and revealing multipliers, until you pick three skull and crossbones symbols. You can also get a chance to activate another bonus.
• Super Sloth. Starts a free spins round where Fratelli symbols turn into the most valuable symbols. Pick a chest at the end to see if you can activate more free spins or One-Eyed Willy’s Treasure Bonus, which is the best of the bonus games.
• Goonies Go Wild. Starts a free spins round where high value symbols will turn into wilds. At the end of the game, you could retrigger more free spins or start One-Eyed Willy’s Treasure Bonus.
• Inferno Free Spins. Starts a free spins round where up to three reels can turn totally wild. Like the other free spins games, you can win more free spins or start One-Eyed Willy’s Treasure Bonus when the free spins come to an end.
• One-Eyed Willy’s Treasure Bonus. This is the best bonus game. You’ll need to collect multipliers until the booby trap activates. You could find some huge prizes in this bonus round!
It should also be mentioned that you can gamble your bonus feature. For example, if you find the Fratelli Hideout feature activated, you can gamble in the hope that you win a better one. If your gamble isn’t a lucky one though, you could find yourself losing the opportunity to play a bonus altogether.
The Goonies is a seriously good slot from Blueprint Gaming and should certainly appeal to those who love absolutely loads of bonuses when they play online slots. It’s not all about bonuses though, as the graphics and audio are extremely good and the amount of money you can win is impressive. Whether you’ve seen the movie or not, we would definitely recommend playing this online slot. So, why not play it at one of our recommended online casinos today?
Slot Game Info
|Wild Symbol||Super Sloth|
|Scatter Symbol||One-Eyed Willy|
|Min / Max bet||0.10 / 10.00|
|Bonus Round||Chunk’s Truffle Shuffle|
|RTP||95% – 96%|
Slot Game Screenshots
Play at these Online Casinos
or NetEnt Live Casino
games | Full Terms