Maji Wilds Slot Game Review
Maji Wilds is a 5-reel and 50 paylines slot powered by the software developer giant Playtech. The game is inspired by the black magic practices of the bayou witches in New Orleans, Louisiana and it’s all about the Wilds. As part of the Wild card feature, there are regular Wilds and 4 different special Wilds. For more in-depth information, check our full Maji Wilds slot review.
Maji Wilds Theme and Gameplay
As you can expect from Playtech, the slot has superb graphics, entertaining gameplay, and a unique set of bonus features. The game is complemented by a jazz soundtrack, reminiscent of the numerous New Orleans bars and the city streets populated by street performers. The jazzy music has a spooky twist to better suit the theme, and to make it even creepier you can also hear crows cawing.
You can play Maji Wilds slot with 50 fixed paylines and bet size ranging from 50p to £500 per spin. The game is available on all devices – desktop, tablet, and mobile. You also have the option to test the slot for free and see if you’re interested in betting real cash.
The lower value symbols include A, K and Q card symbols made of bones. There are also human and animal skulls, bottles of poison, crocodiles, a voodoo witch, and a masked voodoo priest. The latter is the best paying symbol, offering 500 coins if you land 5 of a kind.
The card set symbol is the Wild and it substitutes for all symbols. The Wild also awards 20 times your stake for 5 of a kind, but that’s not all it does. Every time you get a Wild on the reels, the Wild cards feature is triggered and the Wild turns into one of the following 5 special Wild cards:
• Regular Wild – just a standard Wild symbol that helps form winning combinations
• Bad Spirit Wild – the bad spirit possesses random symbols and turns them into Wilds
• Snake Wild – the snake zig-zags over the reels and turns every symbol in its path into regular Wild
• Voodoo Doll Wild – the voodoo dolls stays pinned in place for 5 spins. With every spin, a pin falls off to indicate how many spins you have left.
• Shrunken Head Wild – this one stays in place until a winning combination is formed. If the Shrunken head is part of a win, the win is subject to a multiplier displayed on the card. With every non-winning spin, the multiplier increases by 1 up to 5x. If more than one Shrunken Head played part in the win, their multipliers are added together.
Maji Wilds is a fantastic edition to Playtech’s impressive portfolio. The game is very entertaining, visually pleasing, and it’s not steep because you’ll be getting Wild wins fairly often. The theme is pretty popular in modern culture, but it’s not been done to death which makes the slot different than most magic-inspired games. Usually the lack of free spins is a huge downside, but in this case, we feel the set of different Wild Cards compensate for that.
Slot Game Info
|Wild Symbol||Single WILD symbol|
|Min / Max bet||0.50 / 500.00|
|Bonus Round||Wild Cards Feature|
|RTP||95% – 96%|